1.28.2011

GOD BLESS BILL HICKS

If you do not know about the greatness of Bill Hicks, you have my sympathy.  Bill Hicks is on par with Richard Pryor and George Carlin as the greatest stand-up comedians of all time and was taken from us, like another great, Mitch Hedberg, far before his time.  Hicks lived a fairly clean and drug-free lifestyle but was struck down by pancreatic cancer at the young age of 32.  If I were going to say that the Illuminati killed one person, I would say they killed JFK.  If I were going to say the Illuminati killed two people, the other would be Hicks.  He was so far ahead of his time that his ideas thereatened to shake the very foundation of civilization, with his encouragement of free thought and an uncanny ability to question authority without hesitation or fear.

Here is one of my favorite rants from Hicks' stand-up routine...

"By the way if anyone here is in marketing or advertising... kill yourself.  Thank you, just planting seeds.  Planting seeds is all I'm doing.  No joke here, really, seriously kill yourself, you have no rationalization for what you do, you are satan's little helpers.  Kill yourself, kill yourself, kill yourself now.  Now back to the show.... Serious.  I know marketing people.. 'there's going to be a joke coming up.'  There's no fucking joke.  Suck a tailpipe, hang yourself, borrower a pistol from an NRA buddy.  Do something.  Rid the world of your evil fucking presence.  Okay, back to the show.  Planting seeds.  Will they bear fruit?  I don't know.  I feel better planting them.  You know what bugs me though is I know everyone here who's in marketing is  now thinking the same thing... 'Oh, cool.  Bill's going for that anti-marketing dollar.  That's a huge market.' Marketing is the most evil concept ever."  -Bill Hicks (December 16, 1961 – February 26, 1994)



Pick up your gold here...

Bill Hicks - Arizona Bay - 1997

No comments:

Post a Comment